Frequently asked questions
Find answers to the most common questions. Feel free to use our chat tool at the bottom right of the page if you need to.
Whympr is free.
At least in its discovery version. The discovery version gives you access to :
- 300,000 route descriptions and points of interest worldwide
- A filter by activity
- Access to the Whympr community of enthusiasts on the app, track their outings and exchange ideas with them.
- All French, Swiss and American avalanche bulletins
- Access to slope layers
- A filter to help you identify areas where flora and fauna are being preserved (so you can avoid them on your outings).
Not bad, eh? 😉
The Premium version costs 24.99 euros per year. It lets you prepare and share your outings like a pro! It offers the following features:
- Access to 10 national map bases such as IGN France, SwissTopo or USGS
- The 3D view to view the various background maps in 3D
- Offline mode for saving specific routes and maps and accessing them even without a network
- Recording your tracks
- Access to all your statistics (altitude gain/loss, distance, speed)
- The ability to create and import GPX tracks
- Access to your logbook to view your outings on a map and your statistics by activity
- A filter to find itineraries by difficulty, rating, duration, altitude difference
- All mountain weather conditions live
- View all recent releases on the map
Absolutely! Whether you're an Apple or Android fan, Whympr will be the perfect app to accompany you in editing.
Topos Pro are routes written by professionals. Under the Topo Pro name, you'll find existing (or unpublished) topos, digitized with their authors. Available for purchase individually (just a route or sector) or as a pack (the whole book), you'll be able to read all the information you need for a ski outing.
Whether it's a quotation, a description, a corresponding base map and sometimes a GPS track.
A part of the sale of these topos is given to the author, as it would be the case for a paper topos.